Sunday, July 15, 2012

Mario Fire Flower

Next up on the project list? Mario Fire Flower for my son Gavin. I drew this pixelated pattern last Sunday....
Then i went to stock up on Kona solids for the quilt. I decided to make the squares bigger this time, since I find working with small cuts frustrating and difficult! I ended up with 4.5in squares instead of 2.5in, and it has worked out much better!
I chose whatever Kona that Joanns had in stock, since i was motivated to start the project and didnt want to wait for fabric to be shipped to me. I really hope i dont regret it! I used Kona Grass, Chartreuse, Tangerine (the darker orange), Candy Blue and Coal. I was really disappointed to find that they did not have any lighter orange on hand, and felt forced to buy an orange of some kind. Its not Kona, and I really hope i dont regret using it because i know its not the same quality. :( Hopefully it will turn out okay. More pictures to come of the WIP!

No comments:

Post a Comment