Saturday, July 7, 2012

Finished Mario Mushroom Quilt and Summertime Scrap

I finished the Mario Mushroom quilt yesterday while sitting at the pool in the 97 degree weather. Ugh. It was too hot to have a quilt on the lap but i only had a little binding to finish. Here's my second born (only by a minute)boy with his quilt.
For the back, i used some scrap and yardage i had left from the front.
In the spirit of being annoying, here's a deliberate feet in the quilt picture for you.
Ok, enough of that. I started playing with more scraps, determined to dig in and make something out of my stash and a little out of my comfort zone. I made these blocks courthouse step-style and plan on ordering some kona yardage to make the quilt front and back predominatly solid. See how i contradicted myself? I said i would just use scrap, and then found a way to buy more fabric....
Meanwhile, I have a girl who is about to turn 9, and a boy with a complete 'fro.
Oh yeah, am i totally picked the Olympic Gymnastics team! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment