Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Almost there!

Ive had a productive week, now that baseball and swimming is officially over for the summer (thank god). The only sport we've still got going is gymnastics, and that is all year round. I repainted my living room and dining room ceiling as well as repainted 3 of the 4 walls in each room. This was a big achievement, considering our little (not little) Easter Fire was back in april 2011. That being said, the ceilings werent too bad just some gray smoke damage you could only see from across the room, but then again, the ceilings hadnt been painted in 7 years- since we first moved in! I scrubbed down the walls and baseboards and tried to remove all those fingerprints and pet hair. If you have animals or kids, or both, you know this is an ongoing chore!! I feel better for having part of my house deep cleaned, and hope to get the kitchen and upstairs cleaned as well before school starts up again! I picked up a canvas that was on sale at Joanns yesterday, as well as some clearance'd Alexander Henry "Rain Flowers" fabric, which i had see previously and loved, but didnt have anything to use it for. I decided to make an art hanging, and it worked out awesome, only costing me about 12.00!
So i know the placement is a bit odd, being so high up there on the wall, but it is cleverly hiding a hole from the wiring to our door bell which doesnt work. I like it, and bought the rest of the bolt of fabric, so i plan on using it for many other things! The fire flower was basted during the Olympics Opening Ceremony, and is almost done with the grid quilting i chose. I really need to check this one off my list for the summer because I have one more quilt to finish up before September!

No comments:

Post a Comment