Friday, May 18, 2012

Quilt top....done!

So its friday, and i spent all week cutting and sewing new blocks. I layed them out and decided that i was satisfied with the results...today i sewed all the blocks together. Now, i tried my best to get all the seams on point. For some reason, I always have trouble with these simple block quilts. Since i hand cut instead of rotary, (bc i just....do) i feel like sometimes my measurements are a tiny bit off, and this leads to the problem. One time i used 5.5in pre-cuts and the result was pretty good, I'll post this quilt later. So i too care to line up seams and press them opposite of eachother, but the result was about 75% good for me. I have to be okay with that. I guess if i wanted to give someone a perfect quilt, i'd just buy one from the store! Since this quilt is a gift, i feel like i had to try my best, and i feel like i did, even if my "best" refuses to be obsessed with perfect alignment and seams. Each quilt i peice seems to improve, some maybe someday I'll get there, but for today, I'm mostly happy with it. I hope she is too! Heres a pic of it sewn and ironed.
Now....what to do for the back? I have a TON of fabric left over, and have planned to bind it in simple navy blue. I can't decided if i want just a simple, one peice back or a scrappy diagonal....

No comments:

Post a Comment