Monday, May 14, 2012

Block Busy

Ive been working on a quilt for a friends wedding present. I started way back in march making the blocks, and then lost interest because it seemed like i had SO MANY to make!! I was also in the middle of other projects at the time. Currently, I have one quilt basted and ready to quilt (not my favorite part....and thats why I'm procrastinating). I have another idea for a friends birthday in June (thinking a table runner or some napkins or something, not sure yet, but i have had the fabric probably for a year). Also, Ive been dying to make some Super Mario pixelated mushrooms!! Anyway, here's some of the blocks i have made so far for the wedding quilt.
Okay, so here was the original idea. Aqua, white and navy was the color scheme. And then....i decided to add orange. Im not sure why, i just felt it was a bit boring with all that blue. So, i made some orange blocks. And then i layed them out....
so when i was done laying out a random layout for the blocks, (and watching a supernatural or two..) i didnt like it. I decided it was too much orange. So, now i am thinking of making some more blue/navy/white blocks and adding about 1/3 of the orange back in. Obviously, i've got a lot of cutting and measuring to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment