Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Happy Holidays! (hey, i'm trying)

So, here I am to prove that I have been working on things, even though i havent been posting. It seems like everytime my browser opens, I get more stories, more photos of last week, and sometimes its just too hard, too empty to post on such trivial stuff as sewing and holiday whatnot. I guess I just feel incredibly hopeless about it all. Hopeless, and eternally sad, sad beyond anything I've ever felt. I was a senior in high school on 4/20/99, the day of the Columbine Shootings, and though it affected me then, this time, it affects me so much more because I am a parent, and I can't fathom having one of mine gone, in a blink of an eye, to have all that hope and wonder and promise just...gone. Okay........enough of that. I have so much more to say, but not the eloquence to say it right. I finally made a Christmas Quilt, something I'll pack away on 12/26 (seriously) and wont pull out until next year. I'm looking forward to cuddling up under it and watching Elf for the third time this month :).
The backing is a couple yards of some seriously cute fabric i found at Joann's.
Ah yes, the Frosted Pumpkin Christmas Sampler. Yep. This is how far i am. I love it, but i am running out of time! Maybe I'll finish it for next year?
And, some mini trees for your viewing pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment