Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween (but not)

Happy Halloween! Our city rescheduled our trick or treating due to wind and rain from Super Storm Sandy, so it really doesnt feel like Halloween. I'll miss trick or treating because now I have to work the day they changed it to :(. Anyway! I probably forgot to say that I bought an Accuquilt Go! fabric cutter, and I haven't looked back! My number one gripe was that my seams and things did not line up right b/c apparently I can't trace or cut a straight line. I've been saved by the Accuquilt Go! I made my first hexagons, something I was avoiding b/c of the accuracy needed and also because I didnt feel like I had the patience to paper piece. The fabric cutter makes it so easy to have accurate and fast cut fabric! I was worried about fabric waste (b/c ya know, fabric can be expensive!) but I've been trimming the cuts down to just what I need before sending them through, and it's worked out awesome. Here are my first hexagons. The purple was the 2nd one, and I accidentally left the papers in. Oh well! It just adds to the stability, and hopefully the mug rug will only need spot cleaning.
I also went on a shopping spree at Pink Castle Fabrics and stocked up on some basics. I hope to make a hexagon pillow with my new purchases!
Between school and work, I havent had a ton of free time, but did squeeze in a super quick bag! I followed a tutorial in a book I lent a friend, and I dont remember the name of :(. I used a WIP to make the patchwork. I do like it, it's far from perfect though! If i had to do it over, I would add some more interfacing to make it a bit more stiff, and probably make the handles out of canvas.
Thats it for now! I am going to clean out some closets...I just love getting rid of stuff and decluttering. It helps me feel more organized and in control :)

No comments:

Post a Comment