Saturday, October 13, 2012

A baby quilt and some odds and ends...

There is a new baby baking in our extended family, due to make his appearance in late January, and i finally deccided on the direction i wanted to take to make a quilt for him. (really, i was waiting to find out what colors they wanted to use for his room and decor, so i could do something that wouldn't totally clash). Here is what I came up with, something simple with a few Alexander Henry fabrics.
Its mostly done, I just need to run to Joanns to get a water soluble marker to finish the quilting. I also found some time to make a quick zippered pouch for a nurse at work who was leaving for another job. I filled it with essentials (lotion, hand sanitizer, lip gloss and gum). I also attempted to make a metal clasp purse, and it wasnt a disaster. I did like the option of the sew in frame, the glue is a pain in the arse!
My only regret is that i didnt make a flat bottom for the pouch, because it's a little flat without anything in it. Lastly, I made a fabric envelope, via Jeni at In Color Order's blog. Yeah, it didnt turn out perfect, in fact, its FAR it! The pattern was super easy, i just went to quickly and had a hard time using the medium weight fusible interfacing. Its all good though, it really was only a test run to see how it would turn out. I hope to make some of the smaller envelopes for xmas to stick gift cards inside of! Well, thats it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment