Monday, March 19, 2012

Some solid work and a needle book

So with my nearly 2 weeks off of school, I've been finally able to get together some projects that I've wanted to start for awhile!

First is a braid quilt, from a magazine tutorial. I chose Kona solids for this one as well as a black and white print. I really like the top, and havent really decided if i will add to it or not. For me, its a little impractical to leave it this small, since it would be hard to cover up and get warm with. It'd be nice as a crib quilt, but i dont know anyone expecting! Oh well, I'm sure I'll figure it all out.




Next is the needle book...i used multiple online tutorials, basically just looked at a few and then went on my own from there. If i had to do it over again, I'd add another felt page and probably make little divisions on the pockets. I finally got a chance to use the black key print that I've had hanging around, so I'm happy!

1 comment:

  1. I love the black against the bright colors for your braid quilt.

    ReplyDelete