Monday, January 7, 2013

Coasters and preparing for a new project

I made these super quick coasters shortly after Christmas. I really needed to work on something completely improvised and easy. Nevermind the fact that we've never owned coasters. Ever. I made the mustache one for my husband, because as I was making them, I could hear his voice in my head saying, those are all too girly...so, hence the mustache one. I probably should have measured them, but i didnt, and they are probably 5x5 or something. Kind of big, but...whatever. I discovered my machine has free motion quilting capabilities. Lets just say I, personally do not! :) I dont usually do new years resolutions, but I would like to learn how to free motion quilt on my machine. That, and, um, sew a circle!
Also, i came across the year long quilt a long at pileofabric.com, and have resolved to join! I've never done a quilt a long, and never tried quilt as you go and I'm excited to start. Now if i could just make that Microbiology class disappear!

No comments:

Post a Comment