Thursday, September 13, 2012

Doodle Stitching for CraftBuds.com

So i decided I needed some "less stress" projects to work on while I am in school. Meaning- the stress of studying and memorizing terms is not made less by large projects hanging over my head. I started a quilt in August that I hoped to have done by now, and though i am in the quilting phase (my least favorite) I just felt overwhelmed. So i folded it, and shoved it into my closet. Maybe I'll dig it out over xmas break? Who knows! Enter cross stitch and embroidery/needle work. I'm no stranger to cross stitch- my late Grammy taught me how when i was probably 10. I made all my children's xmas stocking via this method. It's the perfect way to start a little something here and there, without feeling obligated and pressured (ok, by myself, but still. I AM that kind of person who strives to finish the things I start). So i bought this book.
And then i stocked up on floss.
I decided to sit and start Once Upon a Time through Hulu...and started stitching.
I'm hooked. This book is awesome! It comes with a cd of pictures to load onto your computer with all of the motif's so that you can change the sizes of the pictures to suit your project. I now have a running list in my head of all of the things I want to make next, and it feels great to finish something small! I decided to make a small wall hanging for a co-worker's soon to be born granddaugher.

No comments:

Post a Comment