Monday, June 11, 2012

Catching up...

So I finished the block quilt for my friend who is getting married in July....going to give it to her at her Bridal Shower, which is this saturday. Here's a picture of it finished. Here's a pic of the back. I also am in the process of making a tablecloth for my dining room table, and i have the top finished. I have the fabric for the back, but havent started in on it yet. aaaannd...the mario block i was going to make turned into a mushroom block, that didnt turn out as i planned. I drew the pattern from a pixelated picture i found on the internet. Then i cut all the squares 2.5, and of course since i cut them by hand, they didnt sew right, and sewing long strips of tiny blocks and having them match up is not my strong suit. So....its not great, but my 10year old loves it, so i guess thats all that matters. I'm probably going to use a bunch of fabric i have left from the front to whip up a back, and them i'm doing simple quilting lines. I have been requested to make a "Boo" and a "Mario" quilt for my other two boys, but those little blocks just frustrate me so i might try to find a different method.

No comments:

Post a Comment